Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fulfilling a life's goal

Since my last post I have achieved one of my life's goals before I die...almost getting struck by lightning! Today after our 3 long and boring orientation sessions in which we received dozens of handouts and maps a huge storm blew up! It was the kind of rain that led to the flooding last month. But anyways so a friend and I are walking back from getting our school supplies and are almost to the bus stop when lightning strikes a tree no more than 20 feet away from us! And then of course came the thunder which came after which made everyone jump a good foot off the ground. Well the tree didn't fall...sadly, but we got back soaking wet, but in one piece.
So over the past few days I've decided to make a scrapbook of my adventures in Australia, now I just need to find a place that sells the needed items to create it. Maybe I'll find some stuff this week in between the orientation sessions and the extreme heat! Oh I forgot to mention, before this lovely storm today it was 90 degrees!! I was fine with the weather, but there were these people wearing long pants and long sleeve shirts, who does that?! Speaking of lots of people, today in 1 of the orientation sessions they went through the 105 countries that are represented in this year's exchange/study abroad program. The largest amount? 669 from China + 99 from Hong Kong. Hong Kong isn't a country, it's a territory! Unless sporcle is wrong...just kidding. Anyways the US has 343 and Canada has 183. There were some other large numbers, but honestly I wasn't really paying attention. BUT I did win a pack of Tim Tams, which are chocolate covered cookies with caramel in the middle for answering a question correctly. BAM!
That's basically all the exciting things that I've done in the past few days, oh except I went shopping and there were so many sales! But I only bought 2 dresses and a top so no worries, I'm not breaking the bank yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment