Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Market Day

Yesterday was Market Day at UQ. This is when all of the clubs and groups come out onto the great court/any open space on campus and try to get people to sign up. They had everything from different sports clubs to all sorts of religious/nationality groups it was crazy! There were like 8 different Christian organizations! Jamie would have had a field day!! I was going to sign up for a few clubs but they all cost money! Beach volleyball is $55 a semester. Even the groups that offer discounts to different places around the city were $5-10. I guess that's how they earn their money. Oh well. I'm probably just going to sign up for an exercise class instead. A friend and I want to sign up for a dance class, either hip/hop or another sort of class. There were also different venders giving out all this free stuff, I think I have 4 different wall calendars I could use, all sorts of different lotions, oh and even some food. They have lifesavers here, obviously, but the flavor they have is "fruity tingles". Yep it tastes just like it sounds, it's fizzy in your mouth, kinda like pop rocks but in a smaller condensed form. I'm also still looking for a pool with diving boards to practice at because UQ's pool was destroyed by the flooding, and they don't have diving boards.
I'm doing my first load of laundry since being here, It's only been 12 days since I got here but I already have so much laundry thanks to the orientation in Cairns. The clothes were starting to smell up my room so I figured I should take care of that sometime soon. I think my laundry is actually finished so I should probably go get that...more later I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment