So I feel like I have posted in a while...it's probably because I haven't had enough time in the day to actually sit down and think about what I want to write. Well I have finally found a few extra minutes and here it goes. 2 weekends ago I went on my Mojosurfing adventure down past Byron Bay into New South Wales to Spot X. It took us a good 5-7 hours to get down there in our big pink and black party bus! It literally looked like it was a celebrity's bus, it was that decorated. Well when we first got on the bus we were greeted by Pepper...the guy who was driving us's puppy. She was the sweetest thing ever and very well trained! He let her off the bus and she didn't even run into traffic or go attack people haha. She just roamed around for a bit then got back on the bus. So once we picked everyone up from Brisbane and the Gold Coast we headed off to Spot X. When we got their our rooming situation was to put it nicely kinda dirty. We had 4 bunk beds and a toilet/shower the size of my pinky finger. But we dealt with it. That weekend we got 3 surfing lessons, 1 one hour and 2 two hour ones. We had our own private beach basically when we went out surfing too! So it was a group of about 30 of us out in the ocean with 2-3 mojosurf people who would help us if we needed them to. Anyways photos of me surfing will be up on facebook soon, we couldn't take any pictures with our own cameras cause of course they want to make money off of it, so I have to purchase them off of the website. But other pictures from the weekend are up. Saturday night we had a garbage bag party. So basically everyone gets 1 garbage bag and they have to make an outfit out of it. That was a fun night cause we had a runway show to see who had the best outfit. Pictures are of course up online already.
Anyways we came back Sunday afternoon/night and I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 9 PM, everyone was exhausted. The week wasn't too exciting, just classes as usual. On Friday though a few friends and I booked our Spring Break trip to New Zealand. I know, weird to think we haven't gone on spring break yet, but ya we haven't. Here is the link to the Contiki tour which we are taking: http://contiki.com.au/tours/92-scenic-southern-clockwise/itinerary. It sounds like it will be a fun week!! So after that week I will have about 4 days to just hangout in Brisbane or go down to see the family in Gold Coast or maybe go to Sydney! We'll see what I end up working out.
This past weekend, I went to go see Barb and Helen in Gold Coast. And I met the rest of the family as well. But lets start from the beginning. I got there Friday night and we had brisket and potatoes, carrots, and string beans for dinner. It was delicious!! Finally a meal that I don't have to cook and had lots of veggies in it. Saturday I woke up nice and early, 8:30 because of the lovely birds that were making noises outside my window...15 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off! Oh well, some of them made nice whistling noises, while one cockatoo was either sick or just learning how to make his noise...it kinda sounded like the penguin in Happy Feet that can't sing, he can only dance. But anyways I got up and went to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with Helen's sister's grandkids. So there were 4 of us: Me, Nicholas-5, Curtis-8, and Ivy-10. We walked around the entire sanctuary, which took us about 2 and a half hours and then went back to Barb and Helen's house for a nice swim and late lunch. We of course had everyone's favorite ribs and chicken wings, but Jane- the kids mom- made delicious potato bake with white and sweet potatoes and some bacon on the bottom. So that's when I met the rest of the family. Helen's sister Barbara Mary, Jane and her husband Garry with their 3 kids, and Emma, Jane's sister/another daughter of Barbara Mary. There were so many people! haha but once they all left Barb, Helen and I just crashed. Sunday we just relaxed and I hung around the pool doing some work. Nicholas and his dad came back in the late morning to put a tree in their front yard. Nicholas was Garry's helper. I think it was a Magnolia tree, but it's little right now so it just looks like a tree with leaves to me. I obviously had to leave them yesterday to come back here and finish my work/get ready for the week.
I think that's it. OH random fact, I was reading in one of my articles for a class about the development of transportation- like railroad to steam ships to big diesel ships. Anyways my question was has anyone ever come up with a ship that uses salt water to power the engine? I know that the salt would probably build up and that might be an issue but I'm sure someone has come up with it before. It would just use the salt water from the ocean to power the engine and it wouldn't be as destructive to the environment as diesel gas.
If I forgot anything I apologize, I will update it in the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment